The purpose of this website is to provide consumers with useful information regarding health insurance. We want consumers to be more informed and educated about health insurance and provide space where they can save time.
On this website you’ll be able to compare health insurance companies, eligibility requirements, find useful information on ObamaCare, easy access to links to sign in pages, step-by-step guides on how to sign-in to websites, phone numbers, addresses and much. Below is information on Medicaid.
If you are trying to determine Medicaid eligibility, you need a Medicaid application, or any other Medicaid help you will want to visit http://www.medicaid.gov/index.html. This site will give you any Medicaid information you need. That includes information related to what is Medicaid, who can get Medicaid, and how to apply Medicaid online when it is convenient for you. Medicaid help is not difficult to come by if you simply visit this site.
So, you have decided that you want to know how to apply for Medicaid? Start by visiting the website that is listed above. This is where you will learn about what is Medicaid insurance and even Medicaid law. Then, follow these simple steps:
1. Look at the top tool bar and click on the tab that is labeled Medicaid.
2. You will see a drop down box, click on the by state link.
3. When you arrive on your states website you will see a section for application and enrollment. Each state will have a different Medicaid web portal so you will need to select your specific state.
4. Click on the link related to application. Some states may allow you to simply complete the application. Other states may have you answer some questions first to determine if you are meeting the Medicaid income eligibility or not. This is great if you are not sure who is eligible for Medicaid because it will save you the trouble of applying if you are not eligible or you do not know who can qualify for Medicaid.
5. You will need to create an account. This is a requirement before you can go through with the online Medicaid application.
6. If you already have an account you will be able to log in to your account so you can begin or complete your Medicaid application online.
• Aged (65 or older), Blind or Disabled
• Application for other benefits
• Citizenship/Qualified Alien status
• Valid social security number (SSN)
• Assignment of medical benefits to the Division of Medical Assistance (DMA)
Income for Medicaid
Even if you have been able to answer the question “how do you apply for Medicaid” there is still the question of income. It does not matter if you are looking at Medicaid nc eligibility, Texas Medicaid eligibility or even Georgia Medicaid, there is an income requirement that has to be met. First off, it is important to know that your MS Medicaid eligibility requirement can be met by providing one of the following:
• Pay stubs
• Award letter
• Written statement from source
• Computer match
• Copy of check reflecting gross income
• Form 809 – Wage Verification Form
• Form 139 – Verification of Income other than employment
A family of four will have to be at 133% of the Federal Poverty level in order to apply
Medicaid Florida applications to their tasks for the day. You can see a list of the federal poverty guidelines in the screen shot below.
Medicaid Office Locations/Medicaid Phone Number
If you are applying for Texas Medicaid, Oklahoma Medicaid, or even Texas Chip and you need Medicaid help you will find that there are a number of offices available to assist you. Going to a Medicaid office can be a lot nicer than simply searching for information online. This will include taking the time to check Medicaid status information. It can be hard to find the time to do this when you are using the computer. Some individuals have a hard time with the Medicaid formulary as well. So, if you want to apply for a Medicaid card or the chip program in your state, you might want to go to an office. You can find a list at http://www.medicaidoffice.net/.
Medicaid Agency of Alabama
501 Dexter Avenue
P.O. Box 5624
Montgomery, AL 36103-5624
Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
350 Main Street, Room 404
PO Box 110601
Juneau, Alaska 99811-0601
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment
801 E. Jefferson
Phoenix, AZ 85034
602-417-4000 | 1-800-523-0231
California Department of Health Services
P.O. Box 942732
Sacramento, CA 94234-7320
Department of Health Care Policy and Financing of Colorado
1570 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203-1818
Department of Social Services of Connecticut
25 Sigourney Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5033
Delaware Health and Social Services
1901 N. DuPont Highway
P.O. Box 906, Lewis Bldg.
New Castle, DE 19720
Florida Health Finder
P.O. Box 13000
Tallahassee, FL 32317-3000
Georgia Department of Community Health
2 Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Department of Human Services of Hawaii
P.O. Box 339
Honolulu, HI 96809
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
450 West State Street
Boise, ID 83720-0036
Department of Public Aid of Illinois
201 South Grand Avenue, East
Springfield, IL 62763
Family and Social Services Administration of Indiana
402 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 7083
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083
Department of Human Services of Iowa
Hoover State Office Building
Des Moines, IA 50319-0114
Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services of Kansas
915 SW Harrison Street
Topeka, KS 66612
Cabinet for Health Services of Kentucky
P.O. Box 2110
Frankfort, KY 40602-2110
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospital
P.O. Box 91278
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9278
Maine Department of Health and Human Services
442 Civic Center Drive
11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0011
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
P.O. Box 17259
Baltimore, MD 21203-7259
Office of Health and Human Services of Massachusetts
600 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02111
Michigan Department Community Health
Capitol View Building
201 Townsend Street
Lansing, Michigan 48913
Department of Human Services of Minnesota
444 Lafayette Road North
St. Paul, MN 55155
Mississippi Division of Medicare
239 North Lamar Street, Suite 801
Robert E. Lee Bldg.
Jackson, MS 39201-1399
Department of Social Services of Missouri
221 West High Street
P.O. Box 1527
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1527
Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services-Division of Child and Adult Health Resources
1400 Broadway, Cogswell Building
P.O. Box 8005
Helena, MT 59604-8005
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services System
P.O. Box 95044
Lincoln, NE 68509-5044
Nevada Department of Human Resources, Aging Division
1100 East William Street
Carson City, NV 89701
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301-3857
Department of Human Services of New Jersey
Quakerbridge Plaza, Building 7
P.O. Box 712
Trenton, NJ 08625-0712
Department of Human Services of New Mexico
P.O. Box 2348
Sante Fe, NM 87504-2348
New York State Department of Health
Office of Medicaid Management
Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller Empire State Plaza, Corning Tower Building
Albany, NY 12237
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Medical Assistance
2501 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2501
Department of Job and Family Services of Ohio – Ohio Health Plans
50 West Town Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Health Care Authority of Oklahoma
4545 N. Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Oregon Department of Human Services
500 Summer Street, NE
Salem, OR 94310-1014
Department of Public Welfare of Pennsylvania
Health and Welfare Building, Rm 515
P.O. Box 2675
Harrisburg, PA 17105
Department of Human Services of Rhode Island
Louis Pasteur Building
600 New London Avenue
Cranston, RI 02921
South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
P.O. Box 8206
Columbia, SC 29202-8206
Department of Social Services of South Dakota
700 Governors Drive
Richard F Kneip Bldg,
Pierre, SD 57501
Bureau of TennCare
310 Great Circle Rd.
Nashville, TN 37243
Utah Department of Health
288 North 1460 West
P.O. Box 143101
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-3101
Agency of Human Services of Vermont
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, VT 05676-1201
Department of Social and Health Services of Washington
P.O. Box 45505
Olympia, WA 98504-5505
DC Healthy Family
825 North Capitol Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources
350 Capitol Street
Charleston, WV 25301-3709
Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services
1 West Wilson Street
P.O. Box 309
Madison, WI 53701-0309
Wyoming Department of Health
147 Hathaway Building
Cheyenne, WY 82002
As you can see, all offices and phone numbers are listed above. So, if you need to apply for Medicaid Texas services, Chip IN, Medicaid LA or you simply have questions you can make a phone call to these offices and someone will help you.
Applying for Traditional Medicaid
If you would like to apply for Medicaid managed care, or any of the Medicaid health plans that are out there, you will want to be sure that you are following these simple steps.
1. Be sure that you are reading the entire application before you apply for a Medicaid number.
2. Organize all of the documents that you are going to need in order to apply for Medicaid or Chips health insurance.
a. Birth certificate
b. Social security number
c. Driver’s license
d. Proof of residency
e. Proof of income
f. Names of banks
g. Real estate deeds
h. Unpaid doctor’s bills
i. A past Medicaid number
3. Complete the application and answer all questions. If you find that you are not able to complete the application at one time you will want to log out and be sure you are writing down your log in information. You will then be able to go back and complete your application at a later time.
Medicaid Renewal Form
In order to find the Medicaid renewal form, or to obtain a replacement Medicaid card, you will need to visit your specific states Medicaid website. Once you are on this site you will need to visit the tab that has been designated for consumers, not for providers. Then you will follow these simple steps:
1. Click on the section that discusses benefits and eligibility.
2. Click to view your account. This may even be called my Medicaid. You should already have log in information if you have been on Medicaid in the past.
3. You will then enter your login information.
4. Log in and select the section you want to visit from the tabs on the left side of the page.
Those individuals that are new to the site may want to know how to use the self service portal. You will see that you can click on the left side to view a video on how to use this site. Keep in mind that some states may be different. However, most sites will give you the option to use this portal to see a Medicaid doctor list, replace Medicaid card information online, find a Medicaid provider number, look up a Medicaid contact number or even view a Medicaid fee schedule. This site can be helpful for those that need to complete a form for Medical reimbursement as well.
Medicaid Doctors List
Again, to find a Medicaid dermatologist, Medicaid psychiatrist, or to even look at nursing home Medicaid options and Medicaid dental coverage you will need to visit your states Medicaid website. Once you are on this site you will carry out the following steps:
1. Start by clicking on the consumer link at the top of the page.
2. As you scroll down you will want to find the link for Medical providers.
3. You will click on the link that gives you provider search options.
4. When you get to the search page you will need to select the provider type. This is where you can select Medicaid pediatricians and other Medicaid providers.
5. If you are not able to find a provider through this web page you can call the number on your Medicaid card. The representative can help you find a doctor Medicaid will approve or even a dentist Medicaid will approve.
You will find out the name and address of the doctor. Individuals will also receive a
phone number so they can call the doctor. If you entered your zip code in the search criteria you will see that you are also going to receive the distance from your location to the doctor’s office.
How to Apply for Medicaid
You will be able to apply for Medicaid, Chipmedicaid, or even chips health insurance online or through the mail. If you want to apply online you will need to visit https://www.healthcare.gov/. Then follow these steps:
1. Click on the tab for individuals and families.
2. Click the green tab labeled “see if you can get coverage”.
3. Then click the “apply now” link.
4. Select the state that you are applying in and click on apply.
5. You must then create an account. See the screen shot below.
6. Write down your log in information so you always have it.
7. Complete the application by entering all of the requested information.
This could include the following:
a. Individuals in your family
b. Date of birth
c. Social security numbers
e. Proof of income
Staywell Medicaid – https://florida.wellcare.com/member/florida_staywell
This insurance is available to those individuals that are eligible for, or participate in Florida’s Medicaid program. You will be able to select your own provider when you have this type of coverage. It is possible for you to look at this link to this site to see all of the benefits related to this type of insurance.
Chips Health Insurance – http://chipmedicaid.org/
This is children’s Medicaid. If you visit this website you will see what is covered and what this type of insurance is going to cost you. It is also possible for you to apply for coverage online. This is wonderful because you will be able to do everything from the comfort of your own home. It will also be possible for you to use this site to access the CHIP Medicaid application.
Amerigroup Medicaid – http://www.amerigroup.com/
This insurance is offered in 12 different states. If you are eligible for Medicaid in one of the 12 states that offers Amerigroup you will want to visit the link above and select what state you live in. You will then find anything you need to know about this insurance program in that state.
Title 19 Medicaid
This is simply Medicaid. You can learn about Medicaid card replacement, find a Medicaid telephone number or even learn about eligibility if you look at http://www.medicaid.gov/index.html.
Wellcare Medicaid – https://www.wellcare.com/medicare/our_plans
Wellcare is a great site to look at when it comes to finding a Medicare plan that will give you more coverage than Medicaid. However, you will not have to worry about paying for a supplemental Medicaid plan. The link above will help you full understand what benefits are available, what medications may be covered, and even enrollment information.